Posted Date: 2/20/2020
- Assists with the administration of retirement and health and welfare employee benefit programs. Assures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulation. Responsibilities include explaining benefits and assisting in the business development and planning processes with service providers. Compiles, analyzes and reports data for strategic benefits planning and evaluation. Provides benefit plan interpretation, guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS representatives, managers and other internal and external partnerships.
- Serves as a liaison with service providers in business planning and benefit program interpretation. Compliance and technical interpretive discussions with benefit counsel and enrolled actuary or consultants.
- Reports to the Director, Employee Benefits.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participations and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements
- Provides guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS representatives, and managers on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist with the resolution of potential problems.
- Coordinates the design and communication of annual benefit enrollment materials. Drafts legal compliance documentation (SPDs, SARs).
- Develops and maintains internal compliance calendar to meet key regulatory deadlines
- Assists in the development of business processes across 3 regional divisions.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection and updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data. Assists with employee data auditing and reporting.
- Oversees/directs the administration of COBRA compliance.
- May assist in creating benefit materials for distribution to Human Resources colleagues and/or employees.
- Researches current benefit trends and regulatory/legislated requirements and recommends programs/changes to the Director and VP of Employee Benefits.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports benefit data including employee, benefit plan and financial for Benefit's strategic planning and evaluation, best practices and benchmark surveys.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of ERISA, employee benefit programs, including flexible benefit programs, financial analysis and budgeting.
- Requires strong communication skills, good writing skills, strong customer service and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations in computing rates, premiums and adjustments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel preferred.
- Organizational skills to develop/maintain reporting "standards" where applicable.
- Project management experience to oversee various projects.
- Must be comfortable working independently and making decisions.
- Must be a problem-solver.
- Must remain open to change and new information and ideas and adapt to the same.
- Must encourage and foster cooperation and teamwork.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of ERISA, employment, benefit programs, including flexible benefit programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field with an emphasis in business or finance, or equivalent years professional/analytical experience related to the above described duties.
- Prior experience with Lawson and Kronos HRIS platforms also beneficial
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is typically performed in an office environment with extensive computer work.
- Some independent travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled