Back Office Assistant
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
As a Back Office Assistant, you will provide billing expertise with the goal of accuracy with every encounter. A successful Back Office Assistant works to facilitate resolution of billing issues through attention to detail, problem solving initiative and a dedication to efficiency.
* Under general direction, performs creating encounters for each hospital charge given
* Identifies billing errors that prevent claims from being processed in the Electronic Billing System
* Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
* Provides feedback on issues impacting Billing production
* Meets productivity and quality standards as established by management
* Completes assigned training and education
* Requests medical records from outside facilities and scans supporting documentation in for hospital charges.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Previous Medicare billing experience and working knowledge of Medicare policies and procedures is required
* Knowledge of billing claim forms, co-payments, medical terminology
* Must be detail-oriented and possess strong analytical and prioritization skills
* Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters and follow strict regulations or policies
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
* Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts and calculations
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
* Ability to work in a team environment and independently
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 3+ years' experience with medical billing/collection; hospital billing experience preferred.
* Microsoft Office suite required
* Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software.
* Cerner experience preferred
* Athena experience preferred
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…