The Athletic Trainer summary of duties include but are not limited to: providing treatment to athletes for athletic injuries and also develops and implements programs for the prevention of athletic injuries.
- Provides treatment for athletic injuries and minor medical conditions following established policies and procedures and coincides with athletic trainer’s level of training and competency.
- Knowledgeable of wide range of therapeutic modalities, taping, splinting and brace use and applies each option appropriately.
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates rehabilitation programs for injured athletes using physical therapy protocols.
- Develops and implements programs for the prevention of athletic injuries.
- Provides safety equipment and supplies to individual athletes pre-practice and pre-game, this may include equipment fittings.
- Appropriately performs weight certifications and hydration testing for wrestling.
- Monitors athletic practices and games, provides medical treatment immediately following an injury with appropriate triaging to higher level of care when necessary.
- Well versed in creating, implementing and coordinating emergency action plans for a variety of sports and athletic facilities.
- Works in coordination with team coaches on developing and implementing physical training programs for their athletes when appropriate.
- Provides athletes with basic education regarding nutrition, supplements conditioning and performance.
- Records and reports statistics on athletic injuries. Referrals to team physicians and outside physicians recorded on a weekly basis. Documentation meets all standards and policies
- Supervises and evaluates student athletic trainers when they are rotating with staff athletic trainer. Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Athletic Training from CAATE Accredited Program
- Current BOC Certification
- Current Arizona License from the State Board of Athletic Training
- Current BCLS Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.