Associate General Counsel
Must exhibit the following core competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Be self-directed and have a can-do attitude
- Be flexible and committed to the team concept
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
- Be open to new learning experiences
- Must possess strong initiative as well as excellent management, team-work, delegation and problem-solving abilities.
- Accepts and respects diversity without judgment
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of general healthcare experience in a major law firm or corporate legal department advising on physician and referral source arrangements, specialization in physician acquisition agreements to be preferred.
- Experience with compliance statutes such as Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and fraud and abuse laws.
- Experience drafting physician acquisition agreements, physician employment agreements, professional services agreements, recruitment agreements and related agreements.
- Understanding of HIPAA and federal regulatory statutes related to health care.
Ability to become a member in good standing of the Texas Bar within nine (9) months of hire, or the ability to either waive into the Bar of the State of Texas or be a member in good standing of a reciprocal state Bar.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16117