Assistant Vice President, Tax - Tax
Bachelor's degree is required.
The Assistant Vice President, Tax reports to the Senior Vice President, Finance & Tax. The position is responsible for managing the System's income tax compliance process, the annual tax provision, and other ongoing duties and special projects as needed.
* Lead the annual tax provision process for the consolidated system financial statements and any separate opinion audits.
* Manage the income tax compliance process, which includes gathering and analyzing data, and ensuring that all federal and state returns, extensions, and estimates are filed on a timely basis.
* Responsible for taxable income computations and supporting documentation. Requires strong technical background to ensure tax positions are properly identified and reported.
* Research, analyze, and document complex tax issues involving new transactions, planning opportunities, questions from hospitals, etc.
* Develop and maintain tax budgets and cash projections.
* Assist with IRS examinations and other audits. Respond to notices from taxing authorities.
* Organize resources and plan workload to meet deadlines, while handling multiple projects simultaneously. This will involve direct supervision of Steward staff, consultants, and outside service firms.
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum 10 years income tax experience in a large company and/or public accounting firm working with large corporations and/or complex partnerships.
* Strong knowledge of income tax provision/ASC 740.
* Must possess strong technical tax knowledge, critical thinking ability, written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and spreadsheet proficiency.
* Strong organizational skills required for planning workload and resources to manage deadlines.
* Special emphasis on leadership and mentoring of younger staff.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* CPA and/or Master's in Tax preferred
ADDITIONAL SKILLS NEEDED:
* Tax provision software experience a plus
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 50186