The MIS Application Analyst is responsible for supporting the Meditech MIS and CMS applications across the Steward enterprise. Work closely with application and technical teams on support, maintenance, and implementation of MIS changes, enhancements and small projects.
• Support all Meditech MIS and CMS related issues and work closely with vendor to resolve.
• Monitor Meditech connections across the Steward enterprise from an application perspective.
• Work collaboratively with application and technical teams on shared code and dictionaries.
• Set up, maintain and monitor automated reporting with in Meditech MIS.
• Lead provider and user building efforts across multiple facilities.
• Contribute to the testing efforts of multiple projects from inception to post implementation.
• Recommend improvements or modifications to applications to ensure the highest quality product.
• Work closely with Operations and MIS Manager to raise technical issues and provide relevant input on production issues.
Formal Education & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or 4 years equivalent work experience) preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• 2-3 years experience working with Meditech 6.X MIS and CMS systems.
• Well versed with Meditech 6.X system connections.
• Knowledge of Meditech 6.X user building.
• Experience in leading small projects across multiple disciplines.
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and prioritization skills as demonstrated by the successful and timely completion of assignments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interaction with others and time management skills.
• Keen attention to detail
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and matrix environment
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines and cover live implementations
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings
• Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software application training and implementations.