• The Application Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, testing, documentation, training, report writing and daily user support.
• Ability to interpret and develop project plans, functional/operational specifications, flowcharts, input and output specifications (including file structures and record layouts) and flowcharts.
• Determine and accommodate the impact of various system changes on users, automated or manual, troubleshoot various problems and respond to user department needs.
• Interact with all level of users throughout the organization to clarify and verify requirements at all stages of analysis, design, and implementation.
• Demonstrates solid applications knowledge of at least one software environment (ie. Application, language) and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
• Applies well-defined and disciplined implementation and support processes and procedures.
• Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
• Able to manage projects with limited scope.
• Able to work within defined project plans under the direction of a lead/senior analyst, program manager or applications manager utilizing recognized project management methodology
• Confers with the Project Management Office [PMO] hospital directors and directors involved with new system implementations and system upgrades to assist in finding solutions by reviewing and validating functional specifications, identifying resources and establishing a team to implement the solution
• Participates in the identification and resolution of basic application problems and procedures, suggesting solutions to identified problems.
• Uses software vendor tracking systems to report and monitor resolution of software irregularities and custom programming requests
• Responsible for routine communication to customers, department heads and project team members on issues, project status, software enhancements/fixes.
• Schedules department meetings, provides on-site training, troubleshooting and consulting.
• Responsible for responding to issues, questions and requests in a timely manner, related to information systems on the Steward Computer network.
• Assures timely resolution as defined by the ISD organization's customer service policy.
• Educates customers on future enhancements and functionality within the Steward supported HIS.
• Performs on-call duties and off hours support as required
• Develops training material and agendas.
• Conducts core group and end user training classes and/or presentations as required.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Steward policies and standards.
• Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all administrative, financial and clinical data
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
• Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy
• Ability to manage a small project and to prioritize and delegate accordingly
• Knowledge of PC applications, e.g., Microsoft Office Suite and Project, PowerPoint preferred
• Ability to facilitate and work within a complex, multi-site environment.
• Must possess strong teaching skills
• Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project goals.
• Excellent analytical, oral, and written skills
• Recommended: Bachelor's Degree in health related field or Information Systems.
• Minimum Experience: At least 2-5 years of related work experience and/or training.
• Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client server concepts.
• Minimum skills/abilities: Basic understanding of common software applications (ex. MS Office) required.
• Strong, demonstrable analytical/problem solving skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to prioritize and simultaneously work on multiple tasks and projects.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess strong teaching skills
* Primary Support to PHA and integrated third party applications.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13727