Anesthesia Business Manager
The Anesthesia Business Manager leads and manages the operational activities for assigned locations, and support areas. While the range of duties and responsibilities is broad and varied, the position’s major responsibilities are managing all day-to-day operations including the delivery of care, human resource management, capital and operational budgeting, equipment oversight, financial management, and performance improvement activities. In addition, the Anesthesia Business Manager will lead the coordination of the strategy and implementation for the service line with hospital and Steward Medical Group leadership.
- Provides senior level administrative oversight and business management support for all practice management-related issues impacting the service line, including imaging strategy, contractual relationships, new service feasibility, strategic partnerships, and staffing analyses
- Works with local and regional Hospital administration on planning, organizing, and directing anesthesia services operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Oversees practice financial performance and ensures real-time financial information is available to the operating units, physician leadership, and administrative leadership
- Develop optimal physician staffing models to meet operational needs and budgetary constraints.
- Responsible for reviewing benchmark data and making appropriate changes to improve performance.
- Administers the physician compensation plan to drive operational and financial performance of the practice.
- Participates and stays actively engaged in both local and national hospital-based specialty related trends, business community, and related activities
- Develops and implements plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the practice
- Analyze fee for service (FFS) collection trending and proactively seek additional areas of revenue growth for defined service lines
- Provide analytical support and develop tools for company operations to enhance their skills in detecting both current and future performance issues
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University and 7 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in performance improvement.
- Background in Anesthesia and practice operations strongly is required.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.