This position includes all responsibilities of a practice manager, and is responsible for acting as a lead resource for all other practice managers in their assigned market / area.
Practice Manager responsibilities are for all operational aspects of the employed community physicians' office, including but not limited to: staffing, patient relations, liaison with the central billing office, office planning, computer systems and protocol, establishing standards for office operations and procedures, equipment and supply ordering and accounts payable.
Practice Administrator for assigned market / area is responsible to act as a resource and assist local practice managers with day to day operational issues including but not limited to: staffing, IT, billing, compliance, Athena user questions and training.
Directly supervises all non-physician staff within the Practice. Works in concert with Steward Medical Group Human Resources staff to perform the following functions:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Supervisory experience, billing and financial management experience required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Athena and eCW experience preferred.
• Ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language fluently required.
• Strong interpersonal communication, managerial and organizational skills required. In-depth knowledge medical practice operations and supervision.
• Experience with an electronic health record within the medical office preferred.
• Patient relations, staffing, billing systems, budget and financial reporting and patient flow and scheduling required.
• Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, HMO, PPO and capitated products required.
• Knowledge of professional fee for service billing required.
• Ability to analyze and solve operational issues independently and creatively required.
Strong orientation to patient care in accordance with the values of the Steward Health System
• Must have the ability to analyze, think creatively and to weigh alternatives.
Good perception of people and excellent conflict resolution skill required.
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Minimum Experience: Two to five years of practice management experience in a health care setting.
Certifications: Training in quality improvement, ACO, performance improvement, employee relations and staff recruitment strongly preferred.