The Accounting Supervisor is primarily responsible for the day-to-day finance operations including supervision of the finance team, ensuring tasks are completed in an accurate, timely, efficient manner. As the primary resource to the Director of Finance & Revenue Cycle, this position regularly exercises critical thinking to identify variances or trends, plan, determine and effectively communicate solutions to users of financial or practice information.
Essential functions include:
- Accurate and timely preparation of monthly close entries along with internal presentation of results through final month-end close. Performs other basic accounting functions when needed: cash receipts/deposits, bank reconciliations, etc. Requires extensive use of intermediate to advanced Excel skills to accomplish tasks.
- Participates in monthly financial reviews with senior leadership.
- Manages budget preparation schedules and participates in annual company-wide budget preparation process to include budget entry, analysis and reporting and training, when needed.
- Prepares and distribute appropriate financial statements and reports. Maintains source documents and other supporting financial records.
- Independently initiates and manages projects. Approves vendor payments in accounts payable system. Assists with vendor queries through payment resolution.
- Successful candidate will work with accounting related software, such as Axiom, Athena, Anodyne, Meditech, QuickBooks and Kronos to accomplish tasks
- Supervises Finance team members including staff development, scheduling, recruitment, corrective action, etc. Coordinates delegation of duties to Finance staff to ensure department functions are completed timely and accurately. Committed to building/contributing to SMG/HMA’s finance department; regularly suggests improvements to processes and procedures.
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3 or more years accounting experience, preferably in a medical office practice or health care environment
- Supervisory experience is helpful
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Excel is required; other accounting software experience is helpful
- Proven ability to construct, organize, interpret and communicate data and make recommendations an accurate, timely manner.
- Ability to balance priorities in a high volume environment with established and/or short deadlines.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.