Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic Accounting Supervisor to join our team!
The Accounting Supervisor will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day finance operations including supervision of the finance team, ensuring tasks are completed in an accurate, timely, efficient manner.
The Accounting Supervisor is the primary resource to the Director of Finance & Revenue Cycle and regularly exercises critical thinking to identify variances or trends, plan, determine and effectively communicate solutions to users of financial or practice information.
Essential functions include:
- Accurate and timely preparation of monthly close entries along with internal presentation of results through final month-end close. Performs other basic accounting functions when needed: cash receipts/deposits, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Participates in monthly financial reviews with senior leadership.
- Manages budget preparation schedules and participates in annual company-wide budget preparation process to include budget entry, analysis and reporting and training, when needed.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate financial statements and reports. Maintains source documents and other supporting financial records.
- Independently initiates and manages projects. Approves vendor payments in accounts payable system. Assists with vendor queries through payment resolution.
- Supervises Finance team members including staff development, scheduling, recruitment, corrective action, etc. Coordinates delegation of duties to Finance staff to ensure department functions are completed timely and accurately. Committed to building/contributing to SMG/HMA’s finance department; regularly suggests improvements to processes and procedures.
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Five (5) or more years work experience in a medical practice or related environment
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Experience working with Axiom, Athena, Anodyne, Meditech, QuickBooks and Kronos is desired
- Proven ability to construct, organize, interpret and communicate data and make recommendations an accurate, timely manner.
- Ability to balance priorities in a high volume environment with established and/or short deadlines.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient south coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123675